Delta is launching its Delta One experience on key long-haul domestic routes, starting April 1, 2018, with select flights between the following markets:
- Boston and Los Angeles
- New York-JFK and San Diego, Seattle
- New York-JFK and Las Vegas, starting May 1, 2018
Delta One will also become the premium offering April 1, 2018, on the following routes with one scheduled daily flight each:
- Atlanta and Honolulu
- Minneapolis and Honolulu
Delta One will be offered during strategic flight times on select routes as the airline works to customize the service offering to align with times when customers are seeking the Delta One experience, which includes flat-bed seats, elevated amenities and a refined dining experience. First Class service may be available on alternate flights on the route.The expansion of domestic Delta One comes with an industry-leading perk: Starting April 1, 2018, Delta Sky Miles Medallion Members will be eligible for unlimited day-of-departure Complimentary Upgrades to the Delta One cabin on all domestic flights, including Hawaii. This is the airline’s latest move to simplify its SkyMiles program while making it more rewarding for customers.
“Our domestic expansion of Delta One is all about responding to customers who have told us they want more opportunities to buy in to the premium experience that Delta One has quickly become known for,” said Delta President Glen Hauenstein. “And while more customers are locking in their preferred experience by purchasing First Class or Delta One, we know how important Complimentary Upgrades are to our Medallion Members. Offering our best product to our most loyal customers as an upgrade further distances SkyMiles from the competition.”
The Delta One cabin offers a luxurious experience on some of Delta’s longest flights, with privacy, comfort and exceptional service featured at every step, including:
- 180-degree flat-bed seats, featuring Westin Heavenly In-Flight bedding
- A refined dining experience including chef-curated menus served on Alessi serviceware and seasonally rotating wines selected by Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson
- In-seat power and USB outlets, seat-back entertainment screens with free entertainment, noise-canceling LSTN headsets and a TUMI amenity kit with Kiehl’s Since 1851 products
- Complimentary Delta Sky Club access on day of flight
- Sky Priority check-in, security, and baggage handling and Premium Boarding
- In Los Angeles, Delta One customers continue to have access to the exclusive Delta ONE at LAX check-in
Delta One vs. First Class Configuration by Route
Flights with Delta One
Flights with First Class
Delta already offers the Delta One experience on all flights on the following routes:
- New York-JFK and Los Angeles, San Francisco
- Boston and San Francisco
- Washington-Reagan and Los Angeles
About Complimentary Upgrades
The domestic Delta One upgrade process will align with the airline’s domestic First Class process, except upgrades will be awarded in the hours leading up to the flight, as opposed to beginning several days ahead of time.
Medallion Members will be eligible for Complimentary Upgrades in:
- All U.S. 50 Delta One cabins on the day of departure
- All First Class cabins worldwide (beginning up to 120 hours/5 days prior to departure depending on Medallion Tier)
- All Delta Comfort+ seats worldwide (beginning at booking a ticket depending on Medallion Tier)
- Diamond and Platinum Medallion Members may also use Regional Upgrade Certificates on any flight that is eligible for Complimentary Upgrades, including all First Class and U.S. 50 Delta One flights. These certificates are available through Delta SkyMiles’ industry-exclusive Choice Benefits program.
These are the latest improvements as part of the airline’s multi-billion dollar investment in the customer experience that includes a cabin modernization program featuring new seats, seatback entertainment systems with free entertainment, high-capacity overhead bins, free mobile messaging, access to Wi-Fi on nearly all flights, free Main Cabin meals on select flights, upgraded Main Cabin snacks, an Alessi-designed collection of serviceware, Westin Heavenly® In-Flight Bedding, chef-curated meals paired with wines hand-selected by Master Sommelier Andrea Robinson, noise-canceling LSTN headphones and more. Delta has also invested in a number of innovative solutions to ease the travel experience including real-time RFID bag tracking and auto check-in via the Fly Delta app, faster ways through security lines via efficient automated screening lanes and a partnership with CLEAR, and a redesigned E-Gate experience at its Atlanta hub.
—– Unravel Travel TV www.unraveltravel.eu